About the Role
The role is designed to perform the following essential functions:
● Communications Strategy:
○ Develop and implement a comprehensive communications strategy aligned with Gathering
Ground’s mission and goals.
○ Create engaging content for print and digital communications that effectively communicates our
values and initiatives.
● Social Media Management:
○ Build and execute a social media strategy across platforms including Instagram, Facebook,
Twitter, and LinkedIn.
○ Increase audience size and engagement across all platforms.
○ Create, curate, and schedule content that resonates with our audience, promotes our work, and
amplifies social justice messages.
○ Monitor social media channels, respond to inquiries, and engage with the online community.
○ Stay abreast of social media trends and apply insights to optimize strategy.
● Content Creation:
○ Draft and design communications materials, including weekly email blasts, monthly newsletters,
and blog posts.
○ Develop original concepts for various media, such as graphics, photography, and short videos.
● Email List Management:
○ Assist in maintaining and growing the organization's email list.
● Metrics and Analytics:
○ Monitor, analyze, and report on metrics related to social media performance and
○ Apply insights to refine content planning and strategy
Education, Skills, and Experience
Minimum 3-5 years experience in a Communications role
Must have a stable and reliable internet connection
Must have strong written and oral communication skills, with strong attention to detail and proofreading
Must have familiarity with contemporary socio-economic justice movements issues and movement building
Must be familiar with or able to quickly learn the following platforms and programs: Google Drive, Microsoft Office, Buffer, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Canva, Zoom
Experience with Salesforce and Constant Contact is highly preferred. Experience with a similar CRM platform, demonstrating the ability to quickly learn is also a plus
Social media experience is required
Content creation (graphics and videos) experience is preferred, particularly knowledge of Adobe Premiere & Photoshop is a further plus
Must be able to keep information organized and confidential
Must have access to a vehicle & valid drivers license
Must be able to lift a minimum of 30 lbs
Must be able to work independently and as part of a group
Must have a commitment to Gathering Ground’s mission and vision
Strong creativity, collaborative leadership skills, and the ability to self-start preferred
About the Company
Gathering Ground fosters community cohesion and collaborative action by bringing together highly-diverse groups of people with varied backgrounds, lived experiences, expertise and influence to amplify community dialogue around critical issues, build and strengthen networks, encourage cross-sector and multi-cultural partnerships and cultivate equitable community-rooted solutions.