About the Role
● Community Outreach:
○ Develop and execute community outreach strategies to engage diverse populations.
○ Build relationships with community leaders, organizations, and stakeholders to identify and
address the needs of historically under-resourced communities and promote GG’s mission.
○ Identify opportunities for collaboration and partnership building in other mission-aligned
organizations and individuals.
○ Collaborate with staff to identify communities/areas of focus through data-driven processes.
○ Maintain ongoing communication with community partners, local leaders and groups to explain
Gathering Ground programs and initiatives.
○ Attend and participate communities events and nonprofit programs throughout NJ
● Event Coordination:
○ Plan, coordinate, and execute events that align with Gathering Ground's mission.
○ Ensure events are inclusive, accessible, and effectively promote community engagement.
○ Collaborate with internal teams and external partners to enhance event success.
● Community Building:
○ Facilitate dialogue and collaboration among community members.
○ Implement programs to strengthen community ties and promote unity.
○ Seek feedback from the community to inform organizational strategies.
○ Act as a liaison between Gathering Ground and the community.
○ Communicate organizational goals, initiatives, and updates effectively.
○ Utilize various communication channels to reach and engage diverse audiences.
● Advocacy and Empowerment:
○ Promote social justice and empower community members to be advocates for justice and equity.
○ Provide resources and support for community members to drive positive change that results in
greater social justice.
○ Maintain an active presence and deliver GG program updates and news as needed at community
meetings and events.
○ Collaborate with partners to amplify community voices and projects/initiatives.
● Programming and Operations:
○ Provide planning, administrative, and logistical support to ED and Director of Programming.
○ Participate in in-person and virtual programs.
○ Produce regular updates and reports around work product and progress.
○ Assist with data analysis as needed for staff, grants, funders, or other reports.
○ Synthesize information from staff meetings, brainstorms, and presentations into memos for staff or stakeholders.
○ Collaborate with the ED and Director of Programming in identifying program obstacles and
develop best practices to address them.
○ Assist in the coordination and execution of programs.
○ Assist with events as needed.
○ Other relevant tasks as necessary.
Education, Skills, and Experience
Minimum 2-4 years experience in a Community Engagement/Organizer role
Must have a stable and reliable internet connection
Must be familiar with or able to quickly learn the following platforms and programs: Google Drive, Microsoft Office, Zoom
Experience with Salesforce and Constant Contact is highly preferred. Experience with a similar CRM platform, demonstrating the ability to quickly learn is also a plus
Must be a skilled communicator, able to work in a multi-sector setting and maintain strong relationships with organizations and individuals, both onsite and in the community
Must have familiarity with contemporary socio-economic justice movements issues and movement building
Experience and commitment to creating, promoting, and maintaining a respectful, inclusive, and anti-racist work environment required
Must be able to keep information organized and confidential
Must have access to a vehicle & valid drivers license
Must be able to lift a minimum of 30 lbs
Must be able to work independently and as part of a group
Must have a commitment to Gathering Ground’s mission and vision
Strong creativity, collaborative leadership skills, and the ability to self-start preferred
About the Company
Gathering Ground fosters community cohesion and collaborative action by bringing together highly-diverse groups of people with varied backgrounds, lived experiences, expertise and influence to amplify community dialogue around critical issues, build and strengthen networks, encourage cross-sector and multi-cultural partnerships and cultivate equitable community-rooted solutions.