HOLD THE DATES: Become a leader, become a Green Infrastructure Champion!
Are you interested in learning more about green infrastructure? The next green infrastructure champions training program will be offered every other Friday from 10am to 12NOON starting January 14, 2022!
All sessions for the 2022 training program will be offered via an
• Training on green infrastructure planning and implementation•
• Technical support to develop a design for a green infrastructure demonstration project
•Networking opportunities with other Green Infrastructure Champions for mutual support
• Assistance with grant writing
2022 Training Program Class Schedule:
1. How to identify green infrastructure projects in your town (January 14)
2. Moving from planning to implementation of green infrastructure (January 28)
3. Maintaining green infrastructure practices/projects (February 11)
4. Stormwater management regulations, policies, and ordinances (February 25)
5. Green infrastructure planning and implementation for Sustainable Jersey points (March 11)
6. Green infrastructure projects for schools (March 25)
7. How to design and build a rain garden (April 8)
8. Retrofitting traditional detention basins with green infrastructure (April 22)
9. Developing green infrastructure master plans for an entire site or neighborhood (May 6)
10. Using green infrastructure to promote climate resiliency (May 20)
Registration is required (Coming soon to water.rutgers.edu! Registration will open
December 1);t he fee will be $10/class, and attendance at a minimum of five (5) classes is needed for certification.
This program is partially funded by the Rutgers New Jersey Agricultural Experiment
Station, The Geraldine R. Dodge Foundation, and New Jersey Sea Grant Consortium and is a
collaboration of the Rutgers Cooperative Extension Water Resources Program and the Green
Infrastructure Subcommittee of Jersey Water Works.
Contact Hollie DiMuro (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested in becoming a Green